In this episode, we continue to discuss the art of conflict resolution…
This is part 2 of this topic. Check out part one for more related content!
"An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind." – Mahatma Gandhi
Book recommendations mentioned in this podcast: (affiliate links):
- Emotional Intelligence 2.0 (Travis Bradberry) https://amzn.to/3zpEoo0
- Relational Intelligence (Dharius Daniels) https://amzn.to/3Zx32xt
- Never Split The Difference - How to negotiate like your life depends on it (Chris Voss) https://amzn.to/3nA3qhk
Developing strong conflict resolution skills is essential for maintaining a healthy work environment and fostering positive relationships. Here are 10 tips to help you improve your conflict resolution skills:
- Stay calm and composed: Approach conflicts with a calm and composed demeanor. Maintaining your emotional balance will help you think clearly and communicate effectively.
- Proverbs 15:1 - "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger."
- Matthew 5:25 - "Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still together on the way, or your adversary may hand you over to the judge..."
- James 1:19 - "My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry."
- Ephesians 4:29 - "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."
- Proverbs 4:7 - "The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding."
- Philippians 3:13 - "Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead."
- Philippians 2:4 - "Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others."
- Ephesians 4:15 - "Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ."
- Peter 2:17 - "Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor."
- Proverbs 19:20 - "Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end, you will be counted among the wise.”